Community Asset Program
The Community Asset Program provides insurance for property owned by an Aboriginal community and/or property the community has an insurable interest in. This program covers commercial and residential buildings, contractors equipment, water/waste water treatments plants, vehicles, schools, businesses, and other operations both on or off the designated reserve lands. All operations of the Nation can be covered under the program including all governing bodies, administration, health and daycare facilities, and all businesses owned by the Nation. As well, coverage extends to anyone working for or on behalf of the community and any business or operation the community owns or controls including managers, employees, day care workers, contract employees, and volunteers who are acting within the scope of their duties on the community’s behalf.
Every client community will also receive an on-site survey and risk management report that will address fire reduction and emergency preparedness recommendations and provide access to resources and solutions across Canada.
Special program features can also include:
- Permission to delay construction (of a home lost to fire or other insured peril) for up to 1 year on reserve property for healing purposes
- Professional & Abuse liability ($3 million coverage)
- Owners and Contractors Protection that covers liability arising from the operation or action of an off-reserve worker or contractor while on premises
- Marinas, docks, and marine exposures (included in coverage)
- Environmental coverage including on-site clean-up costs
Standard and Optional Coverage
The following elements are both standard and optional coverages offered as part of the Community Asset Program:
- Property Insurance
- Contractor’s Equipment
- Equipment Breakdown including Boiler & Machinery
- Crime Insurance
- Commercial General Liability
- Umbrella Liability
- Environment Impairment Liability
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage for Chief & Council, Fire Fighters, Police, Fishers…
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Legal Defense Insurance – Police Officers, Coaches, Employees and/or Community Wide Coverage
- Tenants Insurance
Economic Development Program
Primrose Insurance Brokers is committed to supporting the continued growth and success of Aboriginal communities and their businesses. We understand that with increased growth and success comes increased risk. That is why we offer a wide variety of coverages and are continuing to work with our insurance partners to design and create other economic development insurance products and risk management services that address the challenges, needs and experience of our clients.
Comprehensive insurance coverage is available for a broad range of business types.
Ask us about our specialty programs for:
- Oil & Gas Contracted Services Companies
- Construction companies (including Surety Bonding for on-reserve entities)
For more information please call 1.780.594.6108 or email us.